Job title: Freelance Creative Strategist
Reports to: Maverick Creative Strategist / Creative Director
Summary: Owns the dissection of campaign client briefs, structure research to inform the brief and work closely with Maverick Creative Directors and Creatives to define and oversee the strategy, planning and delivery of a campaign in the most effective way.
Skills and Experience:
- High level of attention to detail and standards on all elements of work from documentation to project delivery. Keen eye for spotting errors and inconsistencies.
- Good follower of existing processes.
- Well organised with a process driven mind – needs to be able to keep tabs on strategy process, potentially across a number of projects
- Great creative problem solver – thinks outside of the box.
- Strong relationship building, influencing & commercial skills
- Excellent communication, both written and spoken, including strong presentation skills
- Researching and extracting client information, selling, negotiating, closing and deal making.
- Customer/client servicing, stakeholder management.
- Worked on marketing campaigns that engage people and support in developing core campaign messaging
- Understands how to leverage digital platforms and target audiences, developing the framework for custom content
- Previous experience in marketing, SEO, Web or Social Media Marketing.
- Has an aptitude for research and analysis, with a clear methodology.
- Has previous experience working in the creative field, ideating and solving problems in a unique way.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Significant number of years in client facing role within marketing, client services, creative agency, creative services, video games.
- Significant number of years in data analysis, research and interpretation .
- Significant number of years in a campaign management or strategically focused role
- Creative and strategy pitching, ideally within a creative or advertising role
- Can evidence great long term client relationships developed at senior level.
- Demonstrates experience working in a strategic role with international, large scale entertainment brands
- Can evidence contributions to business planning.
- Understands clients, key relationships and can use this to inform creative thinking
- Great at filtering key strategic information to creative and production teams
- High attention to detail
- Positive and enthusiastic
- Tact and confidence in bringing colleagues back on task as required
- Will go the extra mile to learn/ immerse self in client's 'map of the world'
- Friendly, positive and enthusiastic
- Self- motivated but a great team player too
- Good sense of humour
- Good time management
- Escalates challenges if required and not afraid to ask for help when needed
- Pragmatic and helpful
- Solutions, not problems
- Working in West Coast Canada/ with team based in West Coast Canada so flexible hours may include some evenings and weekends but this is avoided as much as possible