Are you an Office Assistant looking for a significant role at the heart of an award-winning advertising agency?
If so, we need to hear from you.
Maverick by name, maverick by nature. For a quarter-century, we have been creating trail-blazing and award-winning advertising work for the world’s most prestigious video games publishers, developers, and brands. Our top-notch team of creatives, designers and producers are always ahead of the game, ready to take our client’s work to the next level.
At Maverick, we know a diverse workforce only elevates the great work we do. As such, we are an equal opportunities employer and we take diversity and inclusion seriously.
If you would like more information on how this role could be good fit (or could be adapted to fit) your personal circumstances, get in touch!
- Do you have a can-do, collaborative attitude?
- Are you supportive and approachable?
- Do you have excellent admin skills with high attention to detail?
- Do you thrive when multi-tasking?
- Excited about supporting the great work we do on trailers, TV Ads, and more for video games?
If so, this could be the ideal opportunity for you!
Facilitate the smooth running and high performance of the agency by supporting the office management and general operations.
Dimensions of the Role:
- Run day to day operations – office & facilities management, purchasing, health, safety, supporting internal communications, etc
- Drive company morale and promote our brand values
- Ensure good communication and cooperation within the agency
- Ensure the smooth and efficient running of the office and home working environment, admin and resources.
- Proactively communicate with managers and other staff on a regular basis around office management. Complete tasks as directed.
- Undertake general admin, including, but not limited to, raising purchase orders, booking rooms, sending & collecting post, watering plants, etc.
- Be hands-on with keeping the office tidy and organised at all times.
- Manage external contractors (i.e cleaners, electricians)
- Ensure office supplies and stationery are kept in good supply.
- Ensure kitchen consumables are always stocked.
- Manage office security (i.e distribute staff keys, look after alarm).
- Act as a first point of contact for visitors.
- Support on health & safety measures (especially minimising the risk of COVID-19).
Activities & Employee Engagement
- Drive positive company morale and cohesion.
- Help organise company outings and socials.
- Ensure important messages and company announcements are passed along to all employees
- Support the People & Operations Manager to help facilitate the onboarding of new employees and exit processes
Computers / IT
- Coordinate with People & Operations Manager and IT Support to ensure all employees have the proper personal equipment
- Process all IT purchases through the purchase order and procurement system
- Buy computers and IT equipment when necessary
- Ensure the office equipment is looked after and kept in a tidy, good condition
- Ensure IT issues beyond our abilities are escalated properly and are dealt with promptly
Skills and experience:
- A few years working as an Office Assistant in a similar agency, production company, post-production facility, or video games facility environment
- Basic experience in administration
- Good computer skills – Word, Excel, Outlook
- Good understanding of client/agency service
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (and listener)
- Highly organised, dependable and methodical
- Good time management
- Interest in games and entertainment
What is in it for you?
Besides the easily-accessible central London office, other benefits are just as important! Here's some of them:
- Private medical insurance
- Life insurance
- Income protection
- 24 days holiday + 1 birthday holiday day + Christmas & New Year closure + Bank holidays per annum
- 2 extra days holidays for your wedding / civil partnership
- 5 fully paid volunteer days off per year
- Work from Home allowance
- (Optional) Shares Purchase Plan
- Employee Assistance Programme (incl. up to 4 free counselling sessions)
- Free Perkbox subscription (access to over 1000 discounts and free perks)
- Bike2Work scheme
- Fun company events and an always fully stocked drinks fridge in the office
- A competitive salary and bonus package
Check out how to apply below.