Are you an experienced Resource & Talent Manager looking for a great job in an award-winning studio, working on amazing video games advertising? Read on…
Maverick by name, maverick by nature. For a quarter-century, we’ve been creating trail-blazing & award-winning work for the world’s most prestigious games publishers, developers and brands. Our top-notch team of creatives, designers and producers are always ahead of the game, ready to take clients to the next level.
At Maverick, we know a diverse workforce only elevates the great work we do. As such, we are an equal opportunities employer, and we take diversity and inclusion seriously.
If you would like more information on how this role could be a good fit (or could be adapted to fit) your personal circumstances, get in touch!
- Do you have an eye for great creative talent and a 6th sense for what resource advertising projects need?
- Do you thrive off finding, qualifying and placing fantastic freelance talent & resource?
- Are you an excellent and proactive problem solver?
- Would you describe yourself as a confident stakeholder manager and negotiator?
- Do you get energy out of establishing/building new processes and ‘owning’ them?
- Are you able to multi-task under pressure?
- Do you have excellent attention to detail?
- Are you a calm and dependable communicator?
- Excited about working on Trailers, TV Ads, Design, VR and more for Video Games?
If so, this could be the ideal opportunity for you!
As a Resource & Talent Manager at Maverick, you will be given the opportunity to work with some of the biggest brands in the videogames/entertainment industry.
You will ensure Maverick runs at 100% effectiveness by arranging high quality internal and external talent, resources and suppliers are in the right place at the right time across the company’s pitch and production slate. While contributing to growing our external workforce in scale and quality.
- Working closely with producers and creatives, take a proactive role within the agency to research and plan ahead for resource and talent needs at all stages (pitching, creative development, production and post-production).
- Develop and run talent shortlisting, approval processes and quality control systems to ensure external suppliers meet the standards needed and in-house staff have input and sign off into the process as required.
- Work with producers and creative management to ensure our in-house talent workload is managed and scheduled in advance.
- Administer our company resource management tool. Enforce timely and accurate recording of bookings and time spent on projects.
- When needed, book talent and suppliers. Occasionally assist producers with negotiating rates, terms and conditions of hire, facilitating signing of contracts, etc.
- Look beyond single project needs to find talent solutions across multiple / simultaneous workstreams, providing more efficiencies to the company whilst keeping standards high.
- Maintain an organised repository of talent - longlists, shortlists, talent pools, etc that can be shared, accessed and used when needed.
- Become familiar and keep in regular contact with our extended talent pool so we are leveraging their talent to our best ability, we are aware of their new work, availability, changes in circumstance, fee changes, etc.
- Effectively use the Maverick team’s considerable collective knowledge / experience to help identify good quality freelance suppliers (with an existing Maverick relationship or not).
- Regularly report progress and escalate any issues on resourcing and scheduling to the SLT.
- Record and maintain supplier information and feedback in our project management and talent pool databases.
- Investigate high-quality suppliers via our competitor’s work, either directly or by inspiration / supplier profile.
- Be the voice of promoting good talent within the company. Host ‘talent spotlight’ sessions for the company. Encourage use of high-quality talent / resource at company meetings, creative reviews, etc.
Skills and Experience:
- Good experience in talent/freelance and supplier procurement across all stages of agency workflow: ideation, animation & motion graphics, live action, post-production and localisation/versioning in a production company or agency environment
- Good experience in talent and supplier scheduling and management in high pressured, busy production company or agency environment
- Good experience collaborating with in-house producers and creatives
- Good experience in reporting and escalating issues to Senior Leadership
- Good computer skills – Word, Excel, Outlook, booking tools
What is in it for you?
Besides the easily-accessible central London office and our hybrid working model, other benefits are just as important! Here's some of them:
- Private medical insurance
- Life insurance
- Income protection
- 24 days holiday + 1 birthday holiday day + Christmas & New Year closure + Bank holidays per annum
- 2 extra days holidays for your wedding / civil partnership
- 5 fully paid volunteer days off per year
- Work from Home allowance
- (Optional) Shares Purchase Plan
- Employee Assistance Programme (incl. up to 4 free counselling sessions)
- Free Perkbox subscription (access to over 1000 discounts and free perks)
- Bike2Work scheme
- Fun company events and an always fully stocked drinks fridge in the office
- A competitive salary and bonus package
Check out how to apply below.